Monday, August 29, 2011

Day Trip to St Kilda, A suburb on the beach, late August 2011

The great news is that the 112 tram (which is a block and a half away from our house) goes straight to St Kilda.  St Kilda is less than 10 miles away from West Preston, but it still takes about an hour, as the tram travels through the heart of the city.  That's cool though, because come summer, my favorite thing to do is go to the beach.  I enjoy living near the ocean.   





Ahoy!

Not going to lie... the first thing I said when I saw St Kilda Pier was: "Hey!  This is where they shot the Men At Work video for 'Overkill!'"  I will always be a proud child of the 80's... always.   

Me and Derrick Zoolander









Baby fairy penguin! Awwwww!


Statue of Captain Cook



The grand entrance to Luna Park, undergoing a face lift
I was bumming because I really wanted Justin to see the famous facade.  Here's to hoping it'll be finished in three years time.

Beers at the Local Taphouse 
Dinner of lovely fish and chips



No comments:

Post a Comment