Monday, August 29, 2011

Taking a day trip to Kyneton, early August 2011


Here we go!  Preston Railway Station


I really like this photo of J and not just because we are at Krispy Kreme.


The rules of the V-Line train

Scenes from the train
It takes a little over an hour to get to Kyneton from Southern Cross Station (one of the main train stations in the CBD).



You can see the Macedon Ranges in the background.



Art Sculptures in Kyneton.  The town architecture itself doesn't boast anything of note, so I just took photos of things around town. 





Some words of advice



I spent a good portion of the walk trying to spot and listen for playtpuses, but it was all in vain.  The only wild one I have ever seen was in Queensland.  They are the size of kittens, which makes it all the more difficult to find them.

Waiting for the train back to Melbs... it was too dark by the time we boarded to watch for kangaroos.  Rats!  Next time!






1 comment:

  1. Love!
    I especially enjoyed the words of wisdom!
    I also did not know that platypuses are kitten-size - that's like a snack!

    ReplyDelete