Monday, June 27, 2011

Why is there still so much stuff?

Okay, I am taking a little break here from packing.  We'll be out of our apartment on Thursday (or Sunday, assuming there will not be a renter for July.)  It's strange... I get this great feeling when a load leaves, but then when I return to my apartment, all I can think is, Why is there still so much stuff?
I'm posting some pictures so you all can see the progress.  I'm bringing a load up to my folks' house tomorrow after we move the couch to Katie's house.  Best get packing so I can play outside tomorrow for at least part of the day.  I can do this.  I can do this.  I can do this. 

 Justin's Den of Music and Wonderment... we are getting there.
Our living room looks naked without our rug from Agra.  That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kirsten, I saw you mention your blog on facebook (I'm an imaginary friend of Jeb's) and thought I'd check it out. Nice work! Have you been back to Melbs in 10 years? Some of the things you mention in an earlier post have changed about Aus (but not the short trading hours or lack of good Mexican food ;-) My husband is from Minneapolis, in fact he's there as I type, shopping for clothes for the kids.

    If you're earning AUD here, you'll be OK, but if you're spending USD you'll be livid at the exchange rate.

    Good luck with your move! It's very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for finding me here and apologies for such a late response to your nice post! :)
    This is my first time back to Aus in ten years... I am so very curious to see what has changed and what has not. I've definitely grown up (haven't we all? ha ha ha) and have spent the last 10 years exploring the rest of the world, so I am anxious to garner a new (?) point of view on Australia.
    Yeah, the exchange rate is horrible at the moment! I think I may have to work part time (hopefully at Zara or French Connection.) I need to support my clothes shopping habit in some creative way with the USD the way it is! lol

    ReplyDelete