Saturday, June 18, 2011

I feel so warm and fuzzy. I wish I could give the whole wide world a hug!

My head is getting a little more in order, so that's pretty awesome.  Am definitely feeling better than several days ago.  The kindness of my friends and family has overwhelmed me.  So many people are helping us by buying our furniture and by storing a few things for us.  Really, when I think of all the love coming our way, I get all choked up.  People are so wonderful and beautiful.  Life really is great!  I feel so warm and fuzzy.  I wish I could give the whole wide world a hug!
This week, I have managed to move some more furniture out of here (thanks, friends!) so this makes me feel a little more accomplished, and definitely less neurotic.  This entire week has been filled with cleaning out closets and organizing items for the garage sale that my mother-in-law is generously hosting for us.  I want the signs to say "Moving to Australia, so please come and buy some of our s***!"  J thought that this might cause some people to become upset.  I dunno, I guess if I were in the neighborhood and I saw that sign, I would have to check it out!  Anything that provokes a giggle has got to be worth looking into, right?  Thoughts, blogosphere?
So far, I have dropped off ten bags of donations to the Salvation Army and have managed to sell forty percent of selected "good" clothes to consignment.  I know that there will be more... This is like, the third round of going through my closet.  I managed to launder every clothing piece/bedding that I am storing... I have to keep all the wonderful quilts my mother has made me... and my purple corduroy French Connection jacket, 'cause I love it and refuse to part with it.  Rock and roll!
The goal for next week will be to move some of my stuff into storage at my parents' house and to stop into Half-Price books.  We have seven boxes of books to get rid of, and this is just what we narrowed down.  I want to hang on to some of my books (my hardcover Harry Potter books, my guidebooks, my collection of Salinger, etc.)  Thank goodness I have a Kindle now!
Oooo... gotta go.  Time for J's homemade pizza!  This very well may be the last time he makes pizza in this apartment!  Ugh, I need to stop being so gushy.  Guess I am sensitive at heart and thank goodness, this is a trait to be honored.
It's cool.  I'm cool.  Feeling great!

1 comment:

  1. I would totally go to sale that had that for a sign. Too interesting to pas up! Christine H

    ReplyDelete