Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sometimes you can really surprise yourself.

Two major accomplishments were achieved last week.

1. I made it through the last day of school.  It was so bittersweet, but I have definitely made peace with it.  It felt "right" and I wasn't nearly as weepy as I thought I would be.  Sometimes you can really surprise yourself.  I am getting closer to that next chapter.

2. I managed to pack up most of my school supplies (some I just gave away) and stored them away at mom and dad's place.  My classroom is officially free on my personal affects and I now feel a little less overwhelmed.  

Next step: My home.  Originally, I was pretty pumped to have an entire month free before leaving for Australia.  However, I now realize that this notion was completely foolish.  Free is hardly the word I would use to describe how my time will be spent... packing, tossing, attempting to sell, donating, repeat.  I am beginning to think that Justin, who will be working for the next month, is the lucky one.  At least he has a job to escape to.  He may just come home one day and find me unconscious under a pile of boxes.

I am waiting for that moment when I will just say "forget it!" and drive an entire carload of untouched/unlooked at things over to the Salvation Army.  Hey, at least the Salvos is only four blocks from my house and the Camry has got some serious space to hold everything.

To quote Project Runway's irrepressible Tim Gunn, "Make it work."

Oh, I will make it work.  No one should be holding their breath as to when this will happen though.

No comments:

Post a Comment