Sunday, July 1, 2012

From the archives: Greens Bush 14K Hike

On our way to Greens Bush in the Mornington Peninsula 

Pit stop: I'm slowly learning how to drive in Australia. I feel like my fifteen year-old self with my learner's permit again. Start me off on the winding country roads! Good thing Justin is an excellent driver, both here and in the US. 

 
In the thick of it



Kanga trails



Here's a mob of about fifty kangaroos, from a distance

I love all wild animals, land or sea. I really could spend hours just waiting and watching for animals. I've spent years refining my craft, hiking in spots around the world. We were about twenty-five meters away, when I saw a small rustle in the bushes. Then, I spotted two little furry ears. We crouched down low and carefully stalked this little wallaby. We were able to get about three meters away from him and he didn't seem to mind it.



As always, whenever we go to the MP, we visit the sea. It might have something to do with growing up in Minnesota, but being around water has a very calming and centering quality for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment