Thursday, October 13, 2011

Book Lists

So, when I travel/live abroad, I tend to read more.  While travelling, I read more because I'm on vacation.  While living abroad, I probably read more because I am typically poorer. (Remember when we had our own Oprah's Book Club while living in the UK, Justin?  The Rules: 1. Books had to have the Oprah logo on the cover. 2. Books either had to be free or less than one GBP from Oxfam.)

Anyway, in my travel journals, I always write down what books I read while away.  I really have no idea exactly why I do this, although I suspect it may have something to do with me liking to make lists.  I never think to do this at home.

Here's a list of books I've read while here, from July 2011 to the present date. The list is probably really more for me than anyone else, but I don't mind giving everyone a peek.  The list is only comprised of non-school literature.

1. Bad Haircut by Tom Perotta
2. Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler
3. High on Arrival by Mackenzie Phillips
4. Cocktail Hour Under the Tree of Forgetfulness by Alexandra Fuller
5. Mukiwa by Peter Godwin
6. Last Resort: A Memoir by Douglas Rogers
6. New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
7. Half the Sky by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn
8. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins





No comments:

Post a Comment